Automotive Service & Repairs
Here at Stock’s Underhood Specialists we have a strong belief in preventing problems. Our customers benefit everyday with lower cost of operation and vehicles that last longer!
We are hybrid vehicle trained and experienced! By offering additional services, such as Nitrogen Inflation Service, we endeavor to assist the community in staying “Green”!
We also offer a Free Shuttle Service for your convenience.
Stock’s Underhood Specialists is a National Award-winning service facility that takes vehicle service seriously. It has been said that automotive technology is not Rocket Science, or is it? Let’s take a quick look. In 1980 we began putting computers in cars. By 1988 the computer power in cars had exceeded what took the Apollo 13 to the moon, and in 2000 the Cadillac rear-view mirror had that much computer power. In the mid ’90s we began networking computers on cars.
On today’s cars, you have an average of more than 45 onboard computers with Mercedes holding the top spot with 209 onboard computers! If that isn’t enough, consider this: it takes 6 million lines of computer code to keep a Boeing 747 safely in the air and 100 million lines of computer code to get you safely to work. That’s right, it is no longer your grandfather’s Oldsmobile, it’s Rocket Science! So, who would you trust to service your vehicle’s needs?
Stock’s has always cared for our client’s vehicles to maintain the reliability and protect their long-term investment.
“The integrity and expertise of this shop will bring me back again.”
- Air Conditioning & Heating – diagnosis, repair and recharging of R134a systems, converted or original equipment. Also cleaning of odors, bacteria and mold in your vehicle’s ventilation system.
- Brakes – inspection, service and repairs on hydraulics, ABS systems (computerized brakes), disc, drum and master cylinders.
- Check Engine (or Service Engine Soon) Light – diagnosis and repair of the most misunderstood warning lamp on today’s dashboard. Beware: a trouble code is not enough information to trouble shoot your problem. Ask us why you need freeze frame data and Mode 6 information to accurately diagnose a trouble code.
- Computer (Electronics) Diagnosis – this is a specialized art in the understanding and diagnosis of today’s onboard electronics and networks. Vehicles may have anywhere from 6 to 209 electronic modules.
- Cooling System Services – inspection, service and repair of all the major components for proper operation. Ask about our special extended warranty program on cooling systems.
- Drivability (Tune-up) – evaluating the needs of the engine (i.e. misfire analysis), transmission (shift concerns) and related electronics to properly harmonize for best performance and fuel economy. Note: good fuel economy and performance are dependent on long-term fuel trims being reasonable. Ask us about the importance of knowing your fuel trim numbers.
- Drivetrain Service & Repairs – inspect, service and repair front wheel drive, four wheel drive, all-wheel drive and rear wheel drive systems.
- Electrical System Services & Diagnosis – evaluate service and repair the battery, charging system and related electronics. Note: the battery and its cable connections are the heart of the electrical system; poor and improper repairs are the leading cause of electrical problems.
- Exhaust Systems – inspect, repair and replace exhaust system components.
- Fuel System Services – cleaning, inspecting and servicing injectors, fuel filters, fuel pumps and related electronics.
- Oil Changes & General Services – oil changes include a free non-intrusive inspection of key components for vacations and a trip to grandma’s house. We also have the only engine flush machine in the metro-east area for repairing contaminated engine oils (coolant, gas and sludge). Ask about our special extended warranty program on engines. Note: Ask about our headlight restoration service and see clearly, safely and economically. Headlight restorations carry a 2-year warranty.
- Possible Purchase Inspections – Illinois is a buyer-beware state and highly recommends that you involve a professional B4U Buy. Our vehicle evaluation gives you a snapshot of the vehicle’s current condition (very similar to the St. Louis AAA Diagnostic Clinic report).
- Steering & Suspension – inspection, testing and repairs for the pulsation, clunking, vibration and noises associated with steering and suspension components.
- Tires & Alignment – inspection and recommendations for proper tire life and even wear. Remember, it is the tires that safely stop your vehicle. Note: we recommend the use of nitrogen in tires for increased safety, reliability and a 35% increase in tire life.
- Transmission Services – inspection, service and repairs of automatic and manual transmissions, including clutches. Note: the automatic transmission is the #1 highest failing major component on today’s vehicle because of lack of service. Ask about our special extended warranty program.
- Vehicle Maintenance – we are the masters at protecting your investment and extending the life of your vehicle. Following an enhanced factory maintenance schedule and using our unique and National Award-winning service program, Car Care PM, we are able to give you the peace of mind and reliability of owning a high mileage vehicle.
- Vehicle Safety – inspection of lights, wipers and basic safety items every time your vehicle is serviced.